Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Art Links, explained.

created by DeviantArt user J-O-A-N

Deviant Art: I really like looking at other people's work and this site is like the Facebook of art. With careful browsing you can find some really inspiring stuff. Its better than just plain fb stalking.




Madbury Club: This is a site created by a girl I know Kelly and a couple of other art orientated individuals. Its not entirely visual art but I feel you need a grasp on other art forms to really understand your own. Its cool: good writing, good substance. 





UNURTH: I'm really into street art. I like how public it is, how, generally speaking, quickly its made. I just find it really compelling. This site is just a collection of graffiti work..and not weird scribbles of letter you can't make out either; real graffiti.




David Choe: I just like going on his site from time to time to look over his stuff. Google has some great stuff of his too. He reminds me of like a modern-day Egon Schiele or something, I don't know. I really like his work. He's crazy, maybe even deranged but his style is on point.





Juxtapoz: Cool blogs, snippets of features in their new issues, and some awesome reader art. They also have a guide to art galleries per city which is nice.





Alyssa Monk: I love looking at her paintings. They're mad realistic and the way she chooses to capture her subjects is always interesting. Mind blowing flesh painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment